SokukoJi Buddhist Community – Grand Rapids is a Sangha connecting people in the Grand Rapids area to the teachings of Sokuzan and Sangha.
SokukoJi is a Japanese name which translates to “Temple of Immediate Light.”
We meet the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The last Saturday of the month you can join us at the main temple for an all-day sesshin or meditation retreat.
33 Anderson Court, Battle Creek, MI 49017.
We endeavor to create and maintain a space for people to practice meditation, and study the Buddhist teachings. We also:
• Conduct weekly meditation and study periods
• Facilitate group retreats
• Host seminars on meditation and the arts
• Hold traditional Soto Zen style sesshins
• Host an annual Ango meditation retreat practice
• Host solitary meditation retreats
• We offer daily individual practice, interviews with Sokuzan, guidance, and encouragement in your spiritual practice.