Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, December 31, 2017 – “Open Interviews” – By Sokuzan
Sokuzan responds to questions in open interviews with several close students.
- Saturday, December 30, 2017 – “Svabhava” – By Sokuzan
“Svabhava” is a Sanskrit work that means “own-being” or “self”. “Nisvabhava” mean there is no self, no self in the skandhas of form, feeling perception, memory and consciousness. Don’t lock down on one way or the other, and at the same time, don’t look away. Examine this feeling of a self. What is this?
- Wednesday, December 27, 2017 – “Within Enlightenment” – By Sokuzan
Sokuzan reads and teaches from a line in “The Precious Treasury of The Basic Space of Phenomena” by Longchen Rabjam, a fourteenth century teacher of Dzogchen: Within enlightenment, awareness without transition or change, the universe of appearances and possibilities, whether of samsara or nirvana, arises with nothing to renounce or attain. In the experience of yogins who do not perceive things dualistically, the fact that things manifest without truly existing is so amazing that they burst into laughter.
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 – “Perception Is Not Proof” – By Sokuzan
“Perception is not proof. If it is, it is without doubt. It is beyond this and that, beyond opinion, fact and fiction and is called vijnapti-matra, the Sanskrit for perception or consciousness only.”
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017 – “I Need Help” – By Sokuzan
Sokuzan talks about asking for help, receiving help, and responding when we are asked to help.