Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, March 5, 2017- “Other Teachers” – by Sokuzan
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017- “Two Projections” – by Sokuzan
The first projection is that instead of seeing what is in front of us, we project our ideas, feelings, opinions and beliefs so we are looking at what we think is there instead of what is really there. The second projection is that we do the same thing when looking inward. How do we know if what we’re seeing is actually there or something we are making up?
- Sunday, February 26, 2017- “Open Interviews” – by Sokuzan
An open interview instead of the typical private interview gives the opportunity for others to see what transpires between the teacher and student.
- Saturday, February 25, 2017- “Either Or” – by Sokuzan
Don’t give options, especially when asking questions of a teacher. Make a straight question, clear and direct. When you ask an either/or question, you limit the ability of the teacher to respond in a way that is the most helpful.
- Saturday, February 25, 2017- “Meditation Instruction I” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan teaches a class on how to give meditation instruction. He emphasizes that is is important to “meet people where they are at” when teaching others how to meditate.