Video Dharma talks
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016 – “A Hair’s Breadth Deviation – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan uses a line in the Song of the Jewel Mirror Samadhi, “A hair’s breadth deviation will fail to accord with the proper attunement”, as a way to talk about the nature of mind.
- Sunday, August 14, 2016 – “Meditation” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan gives meditation instruction and answers questions about practice for the Traverse City Mindfulness Meditation Group, hosted at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation church.
- Sunday, August 14, 2016 – “Elaborated Ignorance” – by Sokuzan
In this Dharma talk Sokuzan contrasts the fundamental ignorance of not seeing no separation with the type of ignoring that is the elaboration added on to what appears to cover up the basic situation.
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 – “Working With Negativity–Part II” – by Sokuzan
In his afternoon talk at the All-Day retreat at SokukoJi-Traverse City, Sokuzan responds to additional questions from the sangha in working with negativity.
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 – “Working With Negativity” – by Sokuzan
At the All-Day retreat at Sokukoji-Traverse City, Sokuzan talks about how to skillfully and sanely work with negativity without getting sucked into the negativity and end up being at war with ourselves.