Video Dharma talks
- Thursday, July 13, 2017 – “Mountains & Rivers” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan answers questions from the Sangha.
- Thursday, July 13, 2017 – Daily Footsteps: Lankavatara Sutra Study
Daily Footsteps: Lankavatara Sutra Study
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 – “When Anger Arises” – by Sokuzan
Every time anger arises, just observe. Be persistent. You are reconditioning yourself to see what continues to move and what doesn’t move at all. I’m not saying you shouldn’t be angry. I’m saying train your mind so you can be very aware of what is happening with you. The mundane path is about getting somewhere. The spiritual path is about seeing what this is fundamentally.
- Sunday, July 9, 2017 – “What Is This?” – by Sokuzan
With any type of quandary, especially with negative feelings, you could ask: “What is this?” Why questions are circular. What questions are direct. It is not about getting an answer, it is the attitude that occurs in your consciousness when you take that attitude of inquiry that allows and conditions the consciousness to be on receive.
- Saturday, July 8, 2017 – “Mountains and Rivers” Part 2 – by Sokuzan at Traverse City
Sokuzan answers questions from the SokukoJi-Traverse City sangha.