Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 – “Why Chant the Sutras and do the Forms ” – By Sokuzan
Why Chant Sutras and Do the Forms? We put ourselves in the Form so we can understand one of the profound teachings of Mahayana Buddhism: Emptiness.
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – “Don’t Weaponize Emotions” – By Sokuzan
Don’t weaponize emotions. How do we do this? You actually have to witness your activity of aggression.
- Sunday, December 10, 2017 – “Leavers Of Home” – By Sokuzan
Leaving home can be moving away from your physical home or it can be moving away from your concepts and preconceptions. You show up and open all the doors and practice receiving whatever is happening.
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 – “Action, Gross and Subtle” (2 of 3) – By Sokuzan
During SokukoJi’s annual Rohatsu Sesshin, Sokuzan helps retreat attendants investigate and explore the contrast between gross action, or karma, and the subtle action in the form of thoughts that precede.
- Sunday, December 3, 2017 – “Action, Gross and Subtle” (1 of 3) – By Sokuzan
This talk is during SokukoJi’s annual December eight day sesshin with theme title “Action, Gross and Subtle”. Today’s talk is about the Three Marks of Existence: Impermanence, Suffering, and No Self.