Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, November 6, 2016 – “Mountains and Rivers” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan answers questions from the Sangha.
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016 – “Anxiety” – by Sokuzan
When it comes to anxiety, as meditators, train your mind to be with how this feels without accepting, rejecting, or looking away…don’t try to cover it up, see what it really is. It takes a lot of sitting…
- Sunday, October 30, 2016 – “Opinions” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan’s talk is inspired by “Verses on the Faith Mind” by Hsin-hsin Ming, the Third Patriarch of Zen [d. 606 AD]
- Saturday, October 29, 2016 – “A Part of Me Wants. . .” – by Sokuzan
The title of this talk points to the way the ego mind wants to solidify the identity that chooses.
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016 – “Perception Only” – by Sokuzan
The term “consciousness only” associated with the Yogacara school of Buddhism is often misunderstood. To help us understand the intention of the teachings, Sokuzan reads from the introduction to The Twenty Verses in “Seven Works of Vasubandhu”, translation and commentary by Stephan Anacker.