Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, September 25, 2016 – “Elation and Depression” – by Sokuzan
- Saturday, September 24, 2016 – “Ego Forms, Practice Forms” – by Sokuzan
In this dharma talk, Sokuzan makes a distinction between “ego forms”, conventional social constructs that support self centered goals and “practice forms” which provide the structure to support awareness that sees through self centeredness.
- Wednesday, September 21, 2016 – “No Being Angry” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan talks about the 9th Grave Precept in the Soto Zen tradition: “No Being Angry”. The intention of this precept is to bring awareness to the energy of anger and practice feeling the heat without acting out of it or shutting down on it.
- Sunday, September 18, 2016 – “Sangha” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan talks about the great importance of sangha, the community of people who study and practice together. By reflecting self centeredness and resonating with clarity, sangha supports your awakening.
- Wednesday, September 14, 2016 – “The Disease of The Mind” – by Sokuzan
Sokuzan’s dharma talk is inspired by a line in Hsin Hsin Ming: Trust in the Heart-Mind, a poem by the third Zen patriarch Seng-ts’an (Kanchi Sosan): “To set up what you like against what you dislike is a disease of the mind”