Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, August 14, 2016 – “Elaborated Ignorance” – by Sokuzan
In this Dharma talk Sokuzan contrasts the fundamental ignorance of not seeing no separation with the type of ignoring that is the elaboration added on to what appears to cover up the basic situation.
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 – “Working With Negativity–Part II” – by Sokuzan
In his afternoon talk at the All-Day retreat at SokukoJi-Traverse City, Sokuzan responds to additional questions from the sangha in working with negativity.
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 – “Working With Negativity” – by Sokuzan
At the All-Day retreat at Sokukoji-Traverse City, Sokuzan talks about how to skillfully and sanely work with negativity without getting sucked into the negativity and end up being at war with ourselves.
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016 – “Save All Beings” – by Sokuzan
Save all beings means to be with all things, starting with your own thought patterns.
- Sunday, August 7, 2016 – “Fixation” – by Sokuzan
When something happens, emotion arises as it relates to the situation. When that feeling is uncomfortable, self centeredness tries to get away from it by fixating on stories that distract from the basic situation.. If you try to rid of difficulty by ignoring it, it will repeat it’s cycle when triggered. Awareness tends to lessen the fuel of fixation. Strengthen that awareness by sitting down, holding the body still, and practicing watching what comes and goes without doing anything with it. This is the practice of meditation.