Video Dharma talks
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016 – “Doubts And The Path”
When doubts arise on the path, keep sitting! Functioning in the middle of doubt can help you see the truth of what it is that doubts.
- Sunday, June 5, 2016 – “Decisions”
When faced with a decision, or if you think there is a fork in the road, the most powerful and intelligent statement you can make is “I don’t know”. Don’t do anything unless you have to. There is never really any fork in the road.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2016 – “Don’t Do The Math”
Don’t miss your life by adding to, subtracting from or dividing up what arises.
- Sunday, May 29, 2016 – “The Three Pure Precepts”
There are 16 precepts observed in Soto Zen Buddhism. The first three are called The Three Treasures:
- Take refuge in the Buddha – Someone who is awake
- Take refuge in the Dharma – Truth that The Buddha taught
- Take refuge in the Sangha – The community studying the Buddha’s teachings
Sokuzan discusses each one and answers questions from the Sangha.
- Saturday, May 28, 2016 – “Balance”
Everything that you’re trying to balance is doing just fine without your help. Usually by trying to balance it is actually causing things to keep spinning around and may make things worse. Our preconceptions on what needs to be done plays into wanting something else instead of what actually is.