Video Dharma talks
- Sunday, September 3, 2017 – “Opinions” – by Sokuzan
As soon as you have an opinion about anything, you solidify it. You don’t need opinions about something that is the case. If you relax into it you will know less but you will understand more.
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 – “Wake Up–Wake Down” – by Sokuzan
When someone awakens, the walls of the mind collapse, and it can be uncomfortable. We wake up to the amazing situation of no separation and wake down to the ordinariness at the same time.
- Sunday, August 27, 2017 – “Containers” – by Sokuzan
Contemplate how containers work in your life. Places, time, belief are all kinds of containers. There is the kind of container that prevents vs the kind of container that nourishes something.
- Saturday, August 26, 2017 – “Seeing Is Not Believing” – by Sokuzan
Just because you see something doesn’t mean that it is true. Look at your tendency to use belief and disbelief to fill up space, to manipulate your own mind so that you don’t have to be completely present. Not knowing is threatening to our self-centeredness.
- Wednesday, August 23, 2017 – “Praising and Blaming” – by Sokuzan
To the wisdom mind that has no reference point, cause and effect may be obvious, but there is no praise or blame.